we provide treatment for a variety of dermatological problems —
○ Skin Cancer
○ Skin Allergies
○ Sun Damage
○ Hair Loss
○ Skin Infections
○ Nail Problems
+ TREATMENT FOR ANY OTHER SKIN CONDITIONS.
superficial radiotherapy —
“ Superficial Radiotherapy (SRT) is a low energy radiotherapy that penetrates only a short distance below the surface of the skin. This treatment is a highly effective, painless, and cosmetically attractive alternative to surgery either for treating certain cancers or a specific type of patient population. ”
Our equipment (the SRT-100) is the newest and most advanced choice that is available today for providing superficial radiotherapy treatments. This treatment is painless and can almost be compared to how it feels when having an X-Ray performed.
Radiation is a very important tool in the fight against cancer. When radiation interacts with a cancerous cell, it alters the cell’s DNA (or genetic make-up) and its ability to reproduce, which ultimately leads to cell death in the cancerous tumor.
Superficial Radiotherapy treats non-melanoma skin cancers that are found on the surface of the skin and can be used as a treatment option for lesions on the arms, legs, back and trunk.
SRT is especially well suited for skin cancers of the head and neck regions (i.e. the fold in the nose, eyelids, lips, corner of the mouth and the lining of the ear) that would otherwise lead to a less than desirable cosmetic outcome. This treatment is also an alternative solution for patients who are considered too “high-risk” to be able to receive treatment through surgical procedures.
what to expect.
◦ The procedure is non-surgical and does not require the use of anesthetics.
◦ You will need to attend several treatment sessions, dependent on your doctor’s recommendations.
◦ Be sure to inform your doctor of all medications you are currently taking.
◦ The x-ray will be directed toward the lesion by placing an applicator cone over the treated area.
◦ Once treatment begins, it will take less than 90 seconds to deliver the therapy.
◦ Treatment is painless, but you will notice skin redness by the end of treatment week one.
◦ The skin forms a protective scab post-treatment, with new & healthy skin developing underneath.